Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

After asking questions here and doing the math I decided not to do it.

My motor is just 11.5:1 with good quench so I can get by mixing 3 gal. of 94 octane with 2 gal. of 110. When I figured in the 40% to 50% increased volume of E85 needed the savings were very little to non existant.

The added problems of it not being available at the track and inconsistant grades of E85 (E70 to E90 and anywhere in between)made me decide against the switch.

Don't forget it's better for you to be around as well. I feel better dealing with the fumes from it than race fuel. Not to mention, you will make a little more power.

If I ran straight race gas it would probably be worth changing over to E85.

If everyone in the staging lanes would change over I could see some benefit. But my one car on E85 among many others on gasoline would probably make little difference in the air quality. JMO

I spend a fair bit of time working on mine in the garage with it running, and riding around some where I notice the air quality more. Being at the track and folks seeing it work has lead to others switching over too. If enough people switch the tracks may start having it there leading to even more folks on it. I'm no tree hugger, but it would hurt my feeling not one bit if everyone ran it. In all seriousness a full day of engine dyno work with Methanol, or race fuel leaves me feeling bad from the fumes. An all day dyno with E 85 and I feel no worse than normal. Having it all over my hands changing jets and stuff has no effect on the way I feel either, where the others make my skin burn and feel weird after a while.