http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-page/stealth-fuel-systems/page/4/

The Aeromotive Phantom system is rather expensive, but it'll go in your tank and problem solved.

I use a Carter Strip Pump on a car I've owned since the '70s. I would have used theP4070 Street pump except I needed it that day and all the speed shop had was the Strip pump. So I also run a pressure regulator. I mounted the pump as low as was safe, right next to the tank. I've never had any problems with it. One wire from a switched hot location on the fuse box is all it takes to run it.

I don't understand why people are so caught up in having a mechanical pump. The lever only sucks the fuel into the pump, the spring on the other side of the diaphragm is what pushes it into the carb. In the racing world there is a guy who makes a little piston pump, that's kind of neat as it bolts up to the fuel pump boss and gets its energy from the FP eccentric.

But by and large getting the pump into a pusher configuration is better than having it suck fuel through the line.

Way back, the fuel was pumped into the carb by pressurizing the tank. That was one of the jobs of the riding mechanic in the Indy 500. Maybe we should go back to that.

R.