Quote:

Regardless of possible valve train geometry and/ or spring issues, the OP has a big cam and heads that probably want to be spun another 1000 RPM at his displacement.

If he wants to keep the RPM down, he needs to band-aid it with a shorter duration cam to move the torque curve lower.

IMO, he needs to decide what approach to take, first.

I don't think we disagree here, Brad. As you and I both mentioned, he should have a smaller cam for his combo. I agree he should be turning a lot more rpm than he is, but the question is, why isn't he. That brings up the geometry. But, if he wants the combination to be right, it will need more gear and converter for this cam, or a cam change to work with his existing setup. Either way, he needs to decide which cam he is going with and then deal with the geometry, since valve lift plays a role in the setup. My point is, it needs attention the way it is now, but I agree the combination needs to be corrected first. It will still need the valvetrain set up properly though.

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.