Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What is it you are trying to achieve. Do you "need" lash caps for rocker geometry............because just using a retainer and lock to increase installed height, doesn't mean you must use lash caps. I am sure you are also aware, that if you DO use a longer valve, it will alter rocker geometry and you might have to raise shafts and get a longer pushrod to correct it. If you have proper geometry now and pushrods, the obvious choice is +.050 locks and +.050 retainers.

Monte

Geometry-wise I am pretty happy with what I have but could add another .030 of shims if I went longer. I am already using a +.050 lock. If I could find a +.050 retainer in Super 7 that would be cool but so far no dice. I think it would have to be tool steel to not cause clearance issues with the rocker arm. I built a "test" cap to add .110 to the valve tip and added .030 to the .060 worth of shims I already had and the pattern was more than acceptable. I have been reading every catalog from Ferrea to Del West and my eyes are starting to cross. It gives you a new respect for guys that are making this stuff work with large-ish lift cams. I think the designer at Edelbrock forgot to account for the thickness of the spring seat/locator/cup and now it's haunting me. I wish I would have bought some -1's or MW EZ's at this point. Who designs a head with big flow potential and does not plan a 2" installed height for it?

I'll give you 500 bucks for them and you can apply that to a set of -1s. You'll have the heads you want, and I'll set up the Victors for a 540 I have with a .800" lift solid roller. Hey, I'm just trying to help you out.

Not just yet...I'm thinking some .060 and .090 rocker shaft spacers are going to be in order.

That said I'm going to do up a set of -1's with a paired rocker setup for my "good" motor.

Do you happen to be a Manley dealer? I'm going to start a database for installed height measurements of retainers and locks to get this stuff on paper for future builds. Apparently 451 and myself are the first guys around to try and use these heads to their potential.