Quote:

Quote:

What is it you are trying to achieve. Do you "need" lash caps for rocker geometry............because just using a retainer and lock to increase installed height, doesn't mean you must use lash caps. I am sure you are also aware, that if you DO use a longer valve, it will alter rocker geometry and you might have to raise shafts and get a longer pushrod to correct it. If you have proper geometry now and pushrods, the obvious choice is +.050 locks and +.050 retainers.

Monte

Geometry-wise I am pretty happy with what I have but could add another .030 of shims if I went longer. I am already using a +.050 lock. If I could find a +.050 retainer in Super 7 that would be cool but so far no dice. I think it would have to be tool steel to not cause clearance issues with the rocker arm. I built a "test" cap to add .110 to the valve tip and added .030 to the .060 worth of shims I already had and the pattern was more than acceptable. I have been reading every catalog from Ferrea to Del West and my eyes are starting to cross. It gives you a new respect for guys that are making this stuff work with large-ish lift cams. I think the designer at Edelbrock forgot to account for the thickness of the spring seat/locator/cup and now it's haunting me. I wish I would have bought some -1's or MW EZ's at this point. Who designs a head with big flow potential and does not plan a 2" installed height for it?

I'll give you 500 bucks for them and you can apply that to a set of -1s. You'll have the heads you want, and I'll set up the Victors for a 540 I have with a .800" lift solid roller. Hey, I'm just trying to help you out.

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.