Quote:

Tony,

I think you'll be fine.

Similar to my old 508 combo...Paul ( PHJ426 the guy who bought that motor from me) put a hydraulic flat tappet in place of the 252/258 HR and he's busting new ZL1 Camaros with it. in a 4200 pound 72 roadrunner....and that's with a lot less head than you have on yours.

Just be sure to do some radiusing of mainly the lower 1/2 plenum (Cyls 1-4-6 and 7) to runner transitions in the 440-2d manifold, there's a lot of cfm (and maybe 20hp potential flow) you leave on the table if you don't do it. not really needed with 906 size ports but definitely needed if you're feeding a max wedge.

So are they EZ 295's or the EZ-1's? I would definitely open them (both the heads and the manifold) up to MW if you haven't already, there's only upside to go max wedge at 520 cubes.

I run a 264/268@.050 Bullet HR on my 517 on 108 in at 102 with the Max Wedge Chapmans at 12:1.

Thank Bobby. My heads are the Max wedge CNC 295's from Indy and then given the once over, hand blend as needed and valve job by Dwayne Porter. The intake is the one AndyF used on his dyno mule and is also opened up to max wedge ports. I don't think any additional work was done to it other than port match. Btw, the cam I am running was actually a regrind of a comp cam I had. It was originally a 242/.555 110. Bullet agreed the Comp cam was a bit small, and said the regrind specs would be a better cam for my combination. However they did say I am still leaving a lot on the table...If I really wanted to make the most power possible, I would need a much rowdier solid roller, single plane, dominator, etc. Of course I already knew that.

Bobby, did you ever dyno your Chapman engine? Any chance you have pics of what you did to the intake?

2 kids and a dog