my thoughts...and I hear from both sides of the fence...
the true blue old school "mopar or nocar" guys..cant fathom having a new style hemi in an old mopar.
the new guys, cant fathom why in the world you would take a new hemi, with all the technology and advanced learning and go backwards and put a carb set up on it...and go back to old school..??

im in the middle. im using the new styly hemi and making it look like the old hemi....big valve covers, plugs thru top of valve covers...carb, headers....old school but with newer docile technology engine...
It is not that I fear tuning an efi, been there done that. im good on computers, laptops, tuning, turbo cars, blah blah...
its my choice to go carb'd, plus that's how I bought this set up from a board member here running, driving, carb...done.

its my only way I will have a HEMI lol...can't afford the "real hemi"..

long story short and rant over: either one can be tuned for good HP. either one will look cool. put on it what you want...and are comfortable with and your budget and parts available allows. once mine is done I will drive it state to state with a carb set up...I don't care. plan to do the power tour next year, and possibly drag week.

67 Dodge Coronet 500 (Hemi 5.7 swap)