Quote:

Lets assume you are not going to run steep gears or a big converter....because they can cover up some serious sins.....

I would seriously re-think running the modman...at least with a single carb....unless you run a double pumper and gears.

Theres no question the large plenum creates bottom end torque issues.

Trouble is...these issues are made worse by cams that dont "favor" low end power production.

The factory 6.1 cam has a pretty small duration and would no doubt make better low end than the bigger off the shelf stuff.....but you'll lose top end....its a pretty mild cam

If your not chasing 1/4 mile times...Id look at one of the smaller Comp grinds....maybe get Modern Muscle or Comp to grind it on a 110 lsa...that way you'll have a sharp responding cam which hopefully wont be too bad down low.

Basically the less the duration, the less problems down low.

Be prepared to run a lot of initial timing also - as cylinder pressure wont be great with the modman.

I started at 10deg initial and ended up at 21 deg initial going to 25 at 3000 rpm with no detonation issues or kickback against the starter.

let me add a few things...and I appreciate the feedback.
this is more of a cruiser, drive to church on sundays, drive on a 2-3 hour trip on weekends etc... and ever once in awhile if get the itch I will take it to the track and run it for fun. id like to have a 11 sec quarter mile car....

this is what im using...904 trans, 5.7 hemi from Durango, 40k miles, modman intake, single carb, tti ceramic headers, 355 gears, car weighs about 3500 without me in it... so with a cam swap and springs I would hope for 425 hp maybe? flywheel....

so at this point do I need to worry about fuel, intake runners, hp and torque in a mostly street car? will it be that noticeable driving normal...and have decent power? I don't want to put this in and be totally disappointed either...but it is replacing the factory 273 lol... so can only go up from here ha.

67 Dodge Coronet 500 (Hemi 5.7 swap)