Had a tough day today. I had removed original Borgeson a couple of days ago,,,after removing battery, it's tray, MSD box etc. and as with a Chinese puzzle managed to wiggle it out. Had been installed while K member was out of car.

Noted when removing mounting bolts that the came out very hard, as though cross threaded. Sure enough when I went to check out the original 12 point bolts, even without box in the way, they would go in very hard. Knew this was bad, spent a couple hours doing thread chasing and buying some grade 8 6 point bolts. Finally got this all sorted out and mounted box and pitman arm.

No difference, flat spot on input shaft still at 11 o'clock, never moved tie rod ends(remember left side 1/2 inch longer than right). Front wheels had not been moved.

So did some shim checking,,,,,looks as though will require 5/16 shims on engine side 2 bolts,,,,this will bring box to top center with flat spot at 9 o'clock.

Tie rod ends I will worry about later. I am exhausted and frustrated. These boxes are definitely clock wrong on their mounting ears.

More tomorrow after I get some shims,,,just have box pried out on engine side with pry bars.

Watching series now and having a bite to eat.

Thanks everyone for tips and moral support.