Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ford's 20 year old 'Teksid' aluminum 4.6 block (96-99 Cobra) weighs about 90lbs, and is tried, tested and true to 1400HP. Their later ('01) domestic block was 5lbs lighter and still good for 1000 or 1200HP... i forget. They're already getting staggering numbers from the new 5.0 Coyote blocks. You can keep your 200lb block... whoever came up with that one is still livin' on 70's time...

Put one in your Mopar then. Get it to 50/50. You've got a few months till the shootout race. You can prove the superiority of all things aluminum {sarcasm}

You know... at this point i probably would if i could. Dont suppose you want to wire it up for me...

Quote:

75-100 lb is no big deal IMO. And the chassis is fine. If you're having trouble with the 'crap' chassis you should tune it. Dial it in. Change some spring rates. Change alignment. Change the way you drive. Spend some quality time on a Skidpad (if your oiling system is up to it).

I agree with you on the chassis bit... but 75-100lbs 'no big deal'...??? Did you hit your head? To some racers finding 10 unneeded pounds in one spot is a big deal, but close to 100...??? right over the notoriously nose-heavy front end ov these cars...??? Would you run a serious race with a 100lb passenger? How about if they were strapped to the hood...???

On an E-body (the worst) this an even bigger deal.

Sure, I'll help you wire it.

I've hit my head a lot of times. But 75-100 lbs for $4300 at or below the COG is not worth it for a 3600 lb track day car that has yet to reach it's potential.

Last edited by uhcoog1; 10/20/14 04:29 PM.

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course