Quote:

Take a look at this Ferrari. At 240 mph the front end has so much lift that the suspension is maxed out.

Read the link to the story behind the car. It ran 267 mph at 66% throttle.
http://bobnorwood.com/Terminal%20Velocity%A0%20Norwood%208_2-Liter%20Power%20on%20the%20Salt.htm

267mph from what looks like a (pretty much) stock-bodied Magnum era Ferrari? [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] me. Kind ov ironic coming from a guy that famously said "Aerodynamics are for guys who cant build engines."

NOW i'm impressed. A guy from my old gym drove a car like that... some 308GTO or something. I couldn't imagine going that fast in such a little skateboard...

Quote:

Longer cars have better control over the air flow. That's why Bonneville streamliners are really long.
People complain that the smart car should get 60+ mpg on the highway. It can't because it sucks. Well, it sucks the air in behind it at speed due to the lack of bodywork. It's very turbulent as witnessed by the collection of dirt and grime on the back window.

I thought long and hard about building an AMX instead ov my Challenger... its still an option. But as much as the super short wheelbase helps in some things, in this way certainly not. And yeah... i did think ov the Smart Car. Drove one once... scary on the highway. Didn't feel stable at all... which at the time i attributed to it almost being taller than it is long...

Quote:

The Charger is longer than the Challenger and has more surface area to handle the air while enjoying a similar size frontal area.

Yep... i know my car is shorter... but the Charger has that awful rear window deal, which by every account does a LOT ov damage to the ultra-high speed effort, yet still they went 190... Hmmm... If not as good, bet i'd be close. Quite honestly... i think my extremely low weight (for the size ov the car, Challengers still aint small) is going to damage any super-high MPH effort more than anything else.