Quote:

Rear spoiler?
About the last thing one should be worried about is body lift or keeping the tires planted when you're pushing 5300 lbs steel around...

As for filling the vacuum gap behind the car when at speed, I would look into blowing highly compressed air into that area or something

Quote:

When you're packing the aerodynamics of a vending machine (and a large one at that) you don't worry too much about aero.
Just add boost and tires.

Well, 67Charger runs his '67 Charger at the Silver State. He was telling me that when he first got into the 120 mph class he had issues as the car would produce so much lift at some points he'd have no steering feel. That's why he added a big front splitter to his car. A rear wing will help more with traction. How much, I'm not sure, but I'd imagine quite a bit. At the last autocross even I went to I saw a '73 Camaro utilizing a huge spoiler. I asked the guys if there was really any benefit to it at low speeds and they said it had a little, but when the car hit around 50 mph it just sucked the rear end down and the car came alive. It should help with our front heavy cars. Larger tires would just be a bonus. Compare the aero of the Hellcat Charger and Challenger. Same everything, but the Charger added an extra 4 mph to its top speed and a couple tenths of a second in the 1/4 mile.