If you are looking for a 3rd gen Ram I would buy a late 07 or 08 with the 6.7 motor and get a MEGA cab if you can afford it. Nothing wrong with the earlier 5.9 trucks but I don't understand why anyone would want to live with a 4 SPEED automatic when you can have a 6 speed automatic. 5.9s generally have a RE48 trans, have you seen one? they are puny, look like a 727 and your going to run 600lbs of torque through it? I'd much rather have the 68RFE from behind a 6.7 Cummins, it's beefier, you can also switch to a lower gear with the flick of a switch on the column. Now if you remove the DPF, EGR, and CAT you can also get just as good of mpg as any 5.9. I've had plenty of 6.7's that get 21-22MPG on the hiway. Looking at 04-05s doesn't even give you an option for a mega cab. Then you are looking at 06-08 for a mega. 2006 5.9 mega's are selling for a premium now because of all the buyers who think they are the only ones that get 20+ MPG. Oh, and 6.7 trucks all come with a factory exhaust brake which is cool as heck.