Quote:

The New Yorker has the 5 digit speedometer, and it is at 70,000 right now. Car was not parked until 2004, so I'm just going worst case scenario and thinking its more like 170,000. With the valve covers off though, there is nothing that I have seen that scares me. When I take off one the heads it might be a different story though. Good thing is that the motor is free. A little Marvels and a few days wait and she turned right over. I agree with you on the aluminum heads. I believe that is the best way to go. The combustion chambers on the Stealths are also much better than the stock heads as well, correct? I added up the just the major parts alone and right now I am looking at 2,700 dollars. This is the rebuild kit, edelbrock intake, holley 750, stealth heads, voodoo cam & lifters, double roller timing chain, rocker shafts, rocker arms, pushrods. I'm gonna be very happy when this is done but very broke...

for $2700 you can find a mill already built with better parts. I suggest you look at as many used parts as you can. The only thing new I'd spend money on new is a cam and t-chain set along w/ bearings. You can even find good deals on used .030 pistons. Just my $.02 I bought the engine in this car for $3k of of a moparts member.