We finished my 440 build in February for my Barracuda and my entire build was determined by how I want to drive it. I went with a fairly mild build and it still dyno'd at 390 HP. I can link the YouTube recording so you can see the curve.

I went with stock heads, but my engine shop opened them up using the Mopar porting templates and we backcut the valves. These two things really let this stock 440 breathe. Since we went with hardened guides and a roughly 9:1 compression, the car will take mid-grade unleaded but I usually use super unleaded.

My Compcam has similar specs to that Voodoo. Mine has a 218 intake and 224 exhaust duration @ .050 and lobe separation of 110 and a lift of .462/.470. This is a fairly tame spec, but I can bump the ignition and crank it and drive immediately and it is a snap to tune. It has a good deep sound but not that heavy lumbering idle like a more aggressive cam will provide.

I also went with an aluminum Edelbrock Performer intake manifold for a little better breathing and some weight reduction. It painted up nicely and looks stock. For exhaust, I used the factory HP exhaust manifolds as they flow very nicely and they are stout enough to hold up the header pipes.

Be sure to hold off on getting your pistons until you know the final bore size. As for carb, I tried an Edelbrock 750 but the engine is FAR happier with the Edelbrock 1413 800 CFM.

8264702-engine.jpg (129 downloads)