Quote:

Quote:

I've been putting it off because, quite frankly, I am a little embarrassed by my lack of skills.

There are others who lack quite a bit less skill than yourself. So there is nothing to be embarrassed about.

In the "real world" guys tend to be less critical of other guys who lack skills, but tear apart the women who lack the same skills. It has lessened in recent years as more women get involved in the hobby. Growing up I was often the only female at the car shows who wasn't there because their Dad, boyfriend, or husband dragged them there. I'm happy to say it has changed dramatically over the years. I have been quite surprised and pleased that I have not experienced the same criticism here that I did growing up in the car hobby.

Samy, you are young and I have no doubt that you will have a great deal more skill at 43 than I do. I have started reading your build thread and you are doing a great job. Keep up the great work and learn all you can.

Good friendships are built on a foundation of alcohol, sarcasm, inappropriateness, and shenanigans.