Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I agree AutoxCuda. I think alot is because "choppy" and "lopey" are subjective terms. I have never owned anything other than smooth idling engines. The most powerful I have had have been my Charger SRT8 and the Mopar Performance 360 in my '89. It is quite impressive. I wish Mopar still made them but they don't have the 360 block anymore. It is so strong and torquey, yet idles very smooth. But I live and learn. I believe I am already getting used to the idle a bit, and if some of the suggestions I have received help bring it down a little smoother, all the better.

Thanks all.

That old MP 360 with 300 HP is a whole different animal than a 410 with an XR280HR-10 that should be 450HP/500TQ +++.

So how does the performance compare between 410" XR280HR-10 cammed Dippy compared to your crate MP 360 Dippy??

I'm thinking the first one is downright Dippy-Trippy.

I haven't really wound out the 410 yet. It is real strong, I can feel that. It's going to take a few hard runs for me to really tell. But what I can say is I am even more impressed with the MP 360 than I already was. There was probably some sloppy assembly on some of them, but as far as the combination of parts and cost when they were making them, really very hard to beat!

I can tell in the 410, even with rolling starts it will smoke the tires. The 360 will smoke them too, but not in a rolling start. Both have 2.94 gears and same stock rims and 235/70/15 tires.

Sounds like more motor than the car handle on the street. How about some 275 drag radials in the rear? Those tall tires and gears...hope your last name is Goodyear or Goodrich...