Quote:

Several things of some importance I have not seen, or am I missing them.

1. Auto or manual transmission?
2. Current idle speed?
3. Current vacuum reading at idle?
4. Does car have AC
5. Any other conditions causing rough idle,,,carb issue(running rich or lean)spark plug/wire misfiring, Vacuum leaks, etc.
6. Current timing initial advance?
7. Solid or hydraulic lifters,,,I got the roller part.
8. What is meant by rough idle,,,there are different types. Hurky/jerky, lopping like big rpm swings or sense that engine is searching or wants to die,,,etc.

Trans is an HD 727. I can't tell you what the vacuum is at idle or intial timing. As mentioned, I have to get with install mechanic soon and am taking notes on what to discuss with him as to not waste any of his time. NO a/c. No vacuum leaks. No misfires. New plugs and 8mm wires. Hydraulic lifters. I would call it choppy idle more than rough. No doesn't want to stall. RPM swings I guess is a good discription, along with shaking.

I am sure it's a big cam. Just didn't know if there were tricks to lessen the signs of such.

Yes, I spent big money. Looking at 10 grand right now. It's complete from carb ($700 Quick Fuel) to oil pan (Milodon 8qt), with all the best parts (ARP, Felpro, etc), Kb Hyp. pistons, scat parts (heard Eagle is having issues, braided fuel line, windage tray/roller setup upgrade, RPM air gap intake, and other good stuff like filter relocation, BM Super Engine Oil Cooler all with braided 10AN steel hose. Had it all painted black for stealthy-ness. Also paid an additional $700 for Dyno Test and Tune so that I wouldn't (presumably) have to wonder where to have mechanic set everything from carb to timing.

I WILL get cam specs today. I am so grateful for the outpouring of help.

Facts are stubborn things.