Quote:

...just want to remind everybody that with a worm/roller steering box, you must be on the gearset's "high spot" (point of max. tuning torque) when the wheels are dead ahead. This can easily be felt with the pitman disconnected (either end). Screw this up and there will be lots of slop/play, no matter what the "alignment guy" does.

Rick

My concern exactly with my recently installed Borgeson box. Have yet made no progress with them as to a solution why their box will not clock correctly on our Challenger. At Goodguys this weekend a couple of techs that are employed by a well respected company that uses their boxes often, suggested that they put my together incorrectly when it was rebuilt by them. That may be off by one tooth on worm gear internally. When I speak to Borgeson, they say no way, but have no idea as to what the problem might otherwise be.

I've already spent half the cost of the box(enough to buy a new Firm Feel) with my alignment tech troubleshooting this box. He is a very good tech.

However almost no play in the wheel, car drives well, ,, but as noted in earlier post, tie rods are unequal length and steering shaft is off,,,should be clocked at 9 am as recommended by Bergman(supplied me the box and adapter/coupler) but must be clocked at 11 am in order to obtain proper toe,,,which then places it off top center and mal-adjusted tie rod lengths.

Last edited by Sxrxrnr; 08/25/14 11:29 PM.