Quote:

I'm very interested in the 'Vintage" type of Road Racing
My plans would be a mild 68 Barracuda, However when I look on Google, you Tube etc, for info , rules etc it is all very confusing.

I think it has always been a little confusing Maybe one of many reasons sports car racing has not held a long term US audience. When these cars were newish, SCCA 'club' racers could run A-Sedan (or a slower class with the /6). The best known series we talk about is SCCA's Trans-am, a professional series with a manufacturer's competition. But the trans-am cars and rules of 1966 were very different than 1970. If you compare the pictures of the Chrysler France Racing team, you can see they ran most cars under FIA rules as 'stock'. In some ways they had less race prep allowances than SCCA A-sedans.

The mid generation Barracudas had the misfortune of no manufacturer supported wheel to wheel racing. Harvey's 1967/8 Barracuda was only supported for road ralley. He won (with Beckman as navigator) in the well publicized 1968 cross Canada ralley, but that didn't seem to win the corporate backing for a bigger ralley or racing effort.