Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A friend of mine has a really good looking 70 Charger 500 Clone. It's got what were assuming is a 72 Forged Crank, External balance 440.

He has priced out the American Powertrain Kit to go from a 727 Auto to the TKO. It's every bit of $7,000. Coming from an auto car and going to a TKO with a Hydraulic Clutch linkage, how much do you think is a fair price to pay?

Not everyone can take the time to install themselves, and this is one of those instances. I really, really wanted him to go with a Passon 5 speed, but for the moment those are unobtainium.

Any advice? The place we want to do the install is a mopar only shop here in Texas and pointed out the potential problem of the crank not being drilled for a pilot bearing. I'll address that in another thread. I've had a forged crank 440 that was externally balanced, and I never even checked if the crank was drilled.

That's FULL retail,...too high, has he's tried Hurst Drivelines for a TKO quote?...as far as the cast crank, no problem, my 440/6 in my 70 Charger is a cast crank, there's no need for a drilled crank as the pilot shaft is short on the TKO600 and you use the crank register for pilot bearing (roller) retention not the bore....

SST (formerly Keisler) is your other option, but seeing management is "new", and they haven't had any real track record time, good or bad, it's a tough call on going that route, although I have heard a few good reports of customer feedback, but it's small potato stuff, no major purchases, I think everyone is gun shy to make the plunge on a full kit...they are also quoting full retail...which IMHO I wouldn't pay...

As far as installation, for a seasoned professional, Auto removal, pedal swap, floor hump (use a factory 4spd hump!) tranny install, odds and ends,... 6-8 hrs, I've done this TKO install many times, IMHO if your paying more than a G note for installation, your paying too much

Mike

Hey Mike, thanks for mentioning us. Silver Sport Transmissions is new but the product and staff's experience are not.

I can match that price and we have everything in stock. I have attached a photo of the B body TKO for reference.

Jeff Kauffman

Jeff-

Glad to see you on the forums.

I've got a Keisler tko600 kit in my A body. I'm assuming ya'll could sell me service parts if I need anything going forward?

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course