Quote:

A friend of mine has a really good looking 70 Charger 500 Clone. It's got what were assuming is a 72 Forged Crank, External balance 440.

He has priced out the American Powertrain Kit to go from a 727 Auto to the TKO. It's every bit of $7,000. Coming from an auto car and going to a TKO with a Hydraulic Clutch linkage, how much do you think is a fair price to pay?

Not everyone can take the time to install themselves, and this is one of those instances. I really, really wanted him to go with a Passon 5 speed, but for the moment those are unobtainium.

Any advice? The place we want to do the install is a mopar only shop here in Texas and pointed out the potential problem of the crank not being drilled for a pilot bearing. I'll address that in another thread. I've had a forged crank 440 that was externally balanced, and I never even checked if the crank was drilled.

I imagine he's in a hurry, but I think he should get on the waiting list for the Passon and wait it out.

For a TKO install - I'd say $2k labor. Motor at the same time, add another $1k. My

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course