Quote:

Quote:

generally "blowing Oil" is caused from too much crank case pressure.

Megga Dittos to this. And some here think that a PCV will "correct" this?

You would need one HECKEVA pcv system for that !

my big block was doing the same thing. if the dip stick tube was not pressed in tightly, it would blow oil out onto the headers and smoke like a nascar engine letting go at 8,000 rpm.

ok, so then I just made sure the dipstick was tight.

all was well, till I noticed a cracked valley pan, right in the middle. figured it was from when I too, bent a pushrod and tossed it and a lifter out, because I re-used the pan...it only had 500 miles on it when the engine cracked a cylinder.

got it all fixed, put it back together with the old pan, which is the one that cracked.

bought a new one, replaced it, no big deal.

it too cracked almost immediatly. W T F ?

I looked at my breather filter on 1 side, tried to blow through it and it was like trying to blow through a pillow. I could do it, but there was some definite restriction.

so I pulled the foam out of it. my problem has gone away, no more cracked valley pans.

my engine is also running strong. even with 3.21 gears, and 28.5" tires, it will roast them from a 25mph roll in 1st gear.

under "high vacuum" conditions, I don't get ANY smoke in my exhaust pointing to bad rings (like when I down shift into 3rd at 65 mph to slow down for the off ramp)

**Photobucket sucks**