1973 340 supposedly rebuilt years ago, then sat for years before too many miles put on it, (maybe 10-12k). I got it going, it had a bent pushrod, had to rebuild carb, replace all tune-up parts, etc. I drove it for about 4,xxx without any problems. It runs strong, oil pressure cold is 60+, drops to around 40 going down the road warm, only has 10-15 at idle but comes up quick with a little more rpm. Hadn't used oil or leaked at all for 3-4,xxx miles, then I opened the hood one day and WHOAH!, oil everywhere! I thought bad PCV or breather so I replaced them both, had a mechanic replace the intake gasket (looked like where it was leaking) and thought all was cool. Checked under the hood a few days later, and oil everywhere again! I thought the gasket wasn't holding but on closer examination the oil is coming out of the dipstick tube. You can hold it about 3,000 rpms without the stick in it and it will start blowing little drops of oil out. I thought I had blown something up but it still doesn't have any blowby smoke and runs as strong as ever.
Any advise for this old bodyman? (Sorry if I've overlooked the obvious but I am NOT a mechanic.)
TIA,
Dallas

Last edited by MOBodyman; 12/11/08 04:08 AM.

2012 Rallye Redline Challenger, 1st new car!
2010 Ram 1500 4wd HEMI-hauler
2014 Dodge Dart-gas saver
4 projects and a bunch of parts cars, losing interest since buying the Challenger lol
1969 Dodge Coronet 500-'gonna fix 'er up someday!'