Quote:

It's difficult for most of us to have it all. I think the 3.23.is a great gear. Right now I have 3.55s behind an OD trans and it is a nice combo for the street. 3.91s are too low without an OD. I've had all of them for the street and if the motor is strong 3.23 sure grip is hard to beat. I've never modded the trans gears but that sounds like a nice option to start with. With a 3.55/904 combo you'll be somewhere around 2700-2800 rpm at 70 mph. My 3.55/A500 combo is 2000-2100 rpm at 70.

I would like to do the A500 if I can find one. I think one of the earlier posters is correct. I will have to tear down a transmission install the gear set and swap transmissions. It wouldn't be that much more of a hassle to just swap for the A500...I started looking for them online. It looks like it might be hard to find a decent one. I need to find a comprehensive list of cars and trucks that had the one I need. I don't want to get something and find it;s the wrong one. I have been reading some of the threads on the conversion. It doesn't look that bad. The solenoids and transmission mount crossmember seem to be the only hard parts. If I can find a decent one I will return the 904 gear set and just swap the transmission.

That's King Weenie to you!