Putting a Rack and Pinion into a 57 and up Forward Look would be a bit of a challenge due mainly to the pan and crossmember location….there is just no room to mount a rear steer rack. Putting the rack forward of the crossmember would require adapting front steer spindles……which might be possible ( I seem to recall that there were some front steer Mopars in the mid-late 70s).

Updating to a later power steering box might be an option but again probably a lot of work, mostly due to the odd ball shape of the Chrysler gear (shown below). The only stock steering box I know of that is physically close in shape tuck of the Chrysler unit is the late 60s and 70s Ford truck. I have also seen Saginaw boxes modified with a longer pitman shaft and lengthened housing…..but you have to careful and make sure it is set up for a rear steer application.

LOL Yeah, I’ve thought about different steering options…….. but never got past the brain storming part.

8225279-Moparbox.jpg (108 downloads)

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears) under construction