Well I spent all day Saturday removing the undercoating using the high pressure steam cleaner method. I started just with heating and scraping but realized it would take quite a while to remove it all. I searched around on Moparts to find a better way and glad I did because it worked great. It took longer than 4 or 5 hours like others have experienced but nonetheless 3000 psi and 220 degrees was a lot faster than scraping. I found that fender wells were the hardest to remove as well as the places that had it caked on maybe 3/8 inch thick. There wasn't a place on the underside where undercoating was not still on meaning what was sprayed from factory was still intact and hard.

The places near motor and trans was easier to get off and I contribute that to the oil through the years. The wheel houses were dry and believe this was why they were so difficult. I used some aircraft stripper and it helped a lot.

Still haven't made up my mind whether to undercoat, or go factory gray. Man this tough.
Opinions still welcome. Maybe I should have a vote.

8243424-image.jpg (215 downloads)