Quote:

Ever since I started the restoration of my AAR I never doubted my decision to restore as close to factory as possible including the undercoating but here lately I've been thinking paint instead. The undercoating is on the build sheet and thus far I have stuck to the sheet with everything else. I have the time and don't mind the extra work to paint if in the end it's better for the car as far as a top notch resto goes. I don't mind the undercoating look at all (yeah I'm one of those that like it) but just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

If you paint it do it like the factory did, not totally painted body color like the top side.

Man I love this car!

All opinions welcome

If you paint it, do it like the factory did, not totally painted body color like the top side.
I am working on a 71 B-body and it is a factory undercoated car. We did it with dip primer and overspray like the factory. Took pics and then undercoated the undercarriage like it was according to the original pics we took. I like the results. Just be sure and use the correct undercoating and you will never have any problems cleaning it after it dries.
If it were my car and I was doing it as close to original as possible no doubt it would be undercoated, especially since it was a FACTORY undercoated car and not done by the dealer.

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert