Quote:

OK I hear about the electric solenoid spiking on the electric shift noids.Now that sounds believeable,so is that the reason for using air??
If so then tell me the name of the air shifter you are using that does not have to be hook to anything electrical in the car..because if it hooks to anything electrical in the car its going to still spike the electrical system and take current from the battery.That is the reason I brought a air shifter the 1st thinking it would take no current from the battery,imagine my surprise when I found out it had to be hooked to a 12 volt positive source,that would draw current from the battery and the daymn thing always leaked air always.If you like getting to the track and no air in your bottle or making a run and it does not shift because it is out of air and cost's you a round win and like having to carry a spare bottle around then buy you a air system.If you like never having to carry a extra bottle and never having to worry about turning it on or off or being out of air then buy the electric. It's plain & simple AIR LEAKS!

It is about the AMPS the apparatus draws. While some may draw less, the solenoid WE had, drew a huge amount of amps at the shift and made a serious spike in the Racepak voltage trace. Being a nitrous car, I want NO spikes in the voltage trace that can upset timers, ign, etc. We went to a PPP shifter with their air option. The regulator/solenoid assy that operates the cylinder is tiny, draws few amps and puts NO spike in the logger voltage trace.........Not to mention it is ultra light as compared to the electric setup and looks cleaner. Also, ours is plumbed with #3 braided lines, instead of plastic and push lock. Our nitrous system doesn't leak, so neither does our shifter. Just because YOUR air system leaked, does NOT mean they all do.

Monte