Quote:

Last summer I put new E3 plugs in it and new plug wires along with new cap and rotor and fresh oil and filter. I run synthetic oil with a Wix filter. The motor was apart and freshened up in 06, however it hasnt been inspected so it hasnt see ALOT of pavement except the test runs around the block that i take lol. Yes it has a stock distributor, the one that was in the motor when it was in the motorhome yet. A local engine builder did the work on it and put a mild street pounder cam in it. It shifts fine. I will try the vacuum advance thing and see how it works. And when I first got the motor back I was running a 750 Holley carb on it and we messed with the air/fuel mixture many many times and couldnt get it close. It ran worse then with the 750 carb than it does with the 600. The Edelbrock 600 is a 1406 with the electric choke. Thanks again guys!

Time to pull the plugs and see what they look like. My suggestion is to put regular plugs in it, I bet yours are starting to foul? E3

The 1406 carb is really lean on a small block engine. I bet it lean on a big block engine also.

Now lean shouldn't cause it misfire at idle, but it could under load. That's why I think you need to look at your plugs again. They tell the story, must look at them often while tuning it until you get it figured out. Good luck.