Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Gregsdart runs the 440-1 heads an make somewhere around 900hp, so I would imagine your combination isn't maxed out. Generally speaking, adding more cubic inches will bring down your peak power RPM as you stated. If all else remains the same, I would imagine the gains would be minimal.
Here's a for you

You could send them out to have them ported to the max, if the 325 has enough meat left in them. Do they have the 2.25 intake valves? That would be my first move. Consider buying the valves a touch longer for better installed height if you are going up in valve size. It is tough (maybe impossible)to get more than 2.050 out of the standard length valves. I have plus retainers and keepers to get there.
I started with a max ported 440-1 and told the porter that I wanted lots of runner volume for Alky, and they run pretty good for a 528 cube motor. I also run the 3X intake.

this combo is no where close to max effort, and dont intend to get it on the edge,i want my engine to go 600 passes without any problem. no they are not 2.25 valves, there is alot that could be done these apparently. i also run alky but mine is carburated. so i can make 900hp with these heads, just need some good head work.

so if i put these heads on 540-572 as they are i will still be below 800hp is that what we think?

thanks guys

I am guessing that 800 hp will be close. The head flow just isn't enough to support more. By porting the heads as far as you can, you can run a less aggressive lobe profile on the cam to help get you the life you want out of the motor. That doesn't mean less duration on the cam, just a slower rate opening the valves to not beat everything up as quick.
For max number of runs, I would go as large as I could on the short block (572) port the heads with 2.25 intake valves and pick the cam gears and converter to go with them. The rpm range should be about 6700 max shift points, which will help the motor live. The torque is going to max out at about 5,000 rpm or less, so gearing may need to change, and the converter for sure.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky