The Rocky weighs 2780 plus I'm 230 so a hair over 3000. It's got a full 6 point cage in it.

I think going to a shorter slick might help it some but I like running th4e drag radials.

I could put an 8" 4400 stall in it ( it has an Ultimate 9 1/2" that footbrakes to ~3600/ flashes to 4400) but with only an 85" Wheelbase it's a bit like buzzing open the chute on a brahma bull at the rodeo every time you try something new.

And although I think Don, you're right it could go quicker by shocking the chassis at 2000 and loosening the suspension back up, I'm much more concerned with launching in a controlled/predicatble way...even if it's costing me a tenth or more out of the gate. I'm more comfortable tuning off the 2-Step and preloading the chassis since I now know it's not gonna roll over on it's back.

If you look at the incrementals you can see that the 7.09/98 mph 1/8th mile is still pretty good power-wise....in spite of a 1.7-ish 60'. and I know if I put this exact same drivetrain in the exact same weighht A body like my 69 dart or 73 Duster the car would go 1.50's and easily hit a 6.80/10.80 ET. But (for me) it wouldn't be nearly as much fun. And you can dismiss the aero factor but believe me this thing feels like it's dragging a chute behind it once it's over about 80 compared to an A body, I don't care what motor is in it. There's 15" of air below the front bumper...static. but the Wow factor and the smiles it brings to people really offsets that by a ton. It's not Optimum right now....but it's not SLOW (almost 99 mph in the 1/8th) by any means.

I really set it up to run the 1/8th since that's what's mainly around here.

8111875-photo.JPG (150 downloads)
Last edited by Streetwize; 04/14/14 10:56 AM.