Quote:

At least measure you existing push rod, should measure 3.244 long (a tad under 3 1/4")

I'd confirm the flow direction of the fuel filter and make sure it's mounted between the pump and the carb

Have you tried driving the car without the gas cap on?

Filter is between the pump and carburetor. There is no filter between the pump and the tank except for the sender sock.

When I get over being PO'ed at this car, I might pull the pump and check the rod length. I didn't measure it but I did inspect it last time I had it out and both ends were perfectly flat with no signs of worn metal. I'm pretty sure it's the original rod as it has the engraved ring around the center of it where it seems most of the aftermarkets are just smooth.

I am pretty sure this isn't a vacuum lock issue because I have popped the cap after running the car and I don't get any 'whoosh' of air like there is a vacuum building in the tank. My fuel filler is dead center on the back of the tank so I don't want to drive w/o the cap and give my rear bumper/plate a gasoline bath.

I didn't check the fuel level in the bowls when the car cut off. I did see pressure on the gauge but I do need to check that next time. I can always see gas from the squirters, even after the car dies.

When the engine wouldn't start, it does feel like it's firing. I pulled the distributor wire and it was sending all kinds of spark to the ground when I held it close. At this point I am 99.9% sure it's not ignition-related as I have tested both the ECU and ignition system during a no-run condition.

When I cut off, I only tried to re-crank it for about 5 seconds or so before I gave up and pushed it out of the road. I have a feeling I would have gotten it to crank eventually but how long it would run...I don't know. As I said before, 5 minutes later I fired it right up and it idled in-gear with A/C on just fine (when I took the video). It just felt 'off' when I tried to drive it like it was going to try and stall...