Guys,

I am starting to get the Charger back on the road for the spring time and I am noticing an issue creeping up that I ran into last year. The issue I had was the car would fire up great and run fine while cold but as soon as it warmed up, it would simply die and wouldn't be able to be re-started until it was pretty much cooled down.

I went through the motions of tons of troubleshooting and swapping parts and finally found the root issue to be the fuel pump which had a partially failed delivery valve. (Thanks again to everyone who helped me here with that!!)

I replaced the pump (Holley 12-440-11) with a new unit and problem solved. The old pump had sat while the car was being restored for quite a few years so I didn't think twice about it going bad.

However, a year and 1200 miles later, I noticed that the Charger is starting to stumble AFTER I accelerate and let off the gas. Today I was driving it and it cut off and I was under no real acceleration at the time. I coasted to a stop and fired it back up and drove home.

This feels very much like the issue I had before. Sure enough when I looked at the fuel filter, I got a few chunks of rubber in it. Only place the rubber can come from is the pump so I am guessing maybe we are looking at a failure coming.

Is this a problem with theses Holley pumps?? I do have the 10% ethanol crud here but I do always treat it with Stabil to help fight this. Even so, for this pump to begin to break down over a year...seems kinda of crappy.

Has anyone else run into issues with the Holley 12-440-11 pump dying like this? Obviously, I am going to go to another pump when I take this turd off. Can anybody recommend me a fuel pump that will work with treated ethanol on a 499 stroker STREET car? I am looking for experiences where somebody here can tell me that their pump has lasted for quite a while with no issues.

Any other ideas for me to avoid this happening again? I am tired of replacing these $135 fuel pumps every year!