Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yours is a big block so you would use this one. Carter M4862 - Carter Strip Super Mechanical Fuel Pump

That pump looks exactly like the Holley pump I have now right down to the 1/4" NPT fittings. I wonder what the difference is? Could they be made by the same manufacturer?

Also have you run this pump with ethanol gas any?

I got tired of vapor lock & pushrod issues, so I installed a Mallory gerotor pump & couldn't be happier, so I still have an almost brand new Carter hi vol mechanical pump or an Edelbrock mechanical pump that
I'd sell you cheap. I ran a new carter for about 4 minutes before we realized it was the pushrod, so its almost new. PM me if you're interested.

They are not made by the same manufacturer. They do look the same but that's it. That's all we have here is 10% ethanol and no problems. Pump has been on for at least 10 years.

Thanks!

I think I may go this route so I don't have to re-plumb and go to all new fittings. I would have no problem going to the cheapo Airtex pumps, but they all have the 5/16" nipples and I know darn well I will never get a 3/8" hose to seal on that nor do I want to invest way more money and time to drill it out and soldier on new nipples etc.

The only other 'performance' pump I see is the Edelbrock Performer but I'm not crazy about that price tag. I just need a pump that can feed my stroker on the street and be RELIABLE.