Alright, I finally got the fortitude (and time) to take the Charger back out for a drive and test out the fuel situation. Today is a nice sunny day around 75 degrees or so.

I took the car out in the country today for a 25 mile or so drive. I romped on it a couple of times as well as cruised nice and easy and it ran great....except for the last two miles or so.

I was going up a slight hill at around 45 MPH and I noticed it starting to sputter and surge. I gave it some gas and it pulled through it. The whole incident lasted maybe 10 seconds or so. I was about to pull over but it calmed down and I drove the last few miles home.

As soon as I got home, I took some temperature readings and I saw that the run of SS fuel hard line along side the headers is sitting right about 350-400 degrees according to the IR thermometer!! It has about 18-24" of this from the collector until a few inches before the pump where it converts to -6AN SS braided line. From this point forward, the temp on the line was no more the 165* or so. The primary fuel bowl on the carburetor were sitting at 160*.

I am thinking maybe I'm verging on a vapor lock situation here possibly? I wonder why it is taking so long to occur but possibly the tail pipes are preheating the tank that might be pushing the gas temp over to flash?

I don't think it's the pump this time (Holley pump cleaned out and put back on) as the fuel pressure gauge shows it taking 2-3 minutes to bleed down pressure after shutdown.

Am I on to something here??