Quote:

Quote:

Quick, drive it and get it out on the track before scope creep sets in...

Scope creep set in many months ago...

OK... goes something like this. Driver 1968 Barracuda, referred to by some of my friends as "Pro Patina". Car has what is left of the GG1 Forest Green that was applied in May of 1968 in Hamtramck, Michigan. I have owned the car since 1988 and it is a reformed street racer. 440 with ported iron heads + 727 with a Coan converter, 3.90 gears and a 16 gallon plastic gas tank in the trunk.

The wiring harness was a mess. Decided to do something about it. Hate the Jazz Fuel Cell, it has to go. Then, a few other things and, it would be a total pain to do all this work, then pull it apart again to paint it a year later - so we dove in. Nine months later it is at the body shop. Might as well convert it to a stick. Has to be OD, has to be able to handle 600+hp... T-56 Magnum conversion. Then, stumble across a must have intake manifold that I always wanted... and of course it needs to be EFI... do not want to cut the intake to fit the iron heads... time for aluminum heads... and it needs a hood that clears the intake...

Let's just say at least now it is in the assembly stage.

Before picture:

8432831-IMG_4326.jpg (327 downloads)

Michael 1968 Barracuda Notchback Coupe 440 EFI 6-pack, T56 Magnum 6-spd