well......that's the longest week or two I've ever experienced. Today, they FINALLY got the engine finished up and it's being delivered by the shop this evening.
It has been one complete fiasco after another. Lies, excuses, delays, etc. but in the end, it's finally done, and finally correct. They not only did the warranty work to rebuild it right, but, in order to make this all right by me; they also did, for free, bronze guides, hardened seats, 3 angle valve job, and internal balancing. The engine, this time, actually looks like a rebuilt engine should. It's clean, well lubed, everything is right1 I am a happy camper!

Does anyone know what the typical toleranaces are for internal balancing? Their performance guy wasnt there when I was, but the manager kept commenting on how well it balanaced out and how smooth it should be. He said it balanced to within either 5 thousandths or 5 hundred thousandths. He couldnt remember which.

Come to find out, today, at this ENGINE REBUILD SHOP their only engine builder is only there 5 hours a day and their performance guy is only there 3 hours a day. The manager actually said "The other guys might do some mechanic work back there, but after 2PM, basically all we do is answer the phone."

All I could do was shake my head. I'm just glad to have it finished and be done with them. Now, i just hope that it's all as right when ig et it on the engine stand as it appearded to be in the shop.

In a conversation with a Wyoming State Patrolman... "A 318 ??!!! But I clocked you at 142 mph!!!"