Quote:

Quote:

The TQ is out because the OP says he prefers a vacuum secondary style carb.

While the TQ isn't exactly a vacuum operated secondary carb, it should be considered one. While the butterfly operation of the carb is strictly mechanical in nature, the air door above it is velocity sensitive. As the engine demands more air, and with the secondary butterflies opened, the air starts to move past the top air door at an increasing rate. As the velocity of the air becomes great enough to over come the air doors springs tension, it opens.

There is also a vacuum choke pull off tube/passage that will cancel this operation.

Quote:

Besides, he also said that he already had a Street Demon. If he doesn't want to run that one, he sure wouldn't want an old TQ.

Besides? Is not needed here because I was mentioning the misconception into a correction and understanding as to why and what I wrote. Please re-read thoroughly and not assume of me, thanks. I'm not trying to convince him to use one.

Also, I agree that a new guy would probably be overcome with a TQ. Even more so, into frustration if it is not in good shape. Vacuum and or fuel leaks at the shafts or where the gaskets are can be a huge pain to deal with. Actually, there is a lot to deal with on this carb.
IMO, it is not really for the meek or untalented.

However, IMO, once you learn the carb, there a blast. I mostly find them inexpensive to obtain and rebuild. To say there a great bang for the buck is a understatement considering dollar spent vs. CFM obtained. There is a learning curve with these carbs. How much of a curve is up to the person themselves.

Rob, I don't necessarily disagree with you. I was merely addressing the OPs concerns.

Your job is to convince the OP that your points are valid to him. He has been told on here by several posters that the Street Demon is his best chance for OOTB success. He said that is not the way he wanted to go. You want to convince him otherwise.

Good luck.

The TQs are okay. But they are the last carb that I would recommend to anyone that is asking for advice here.

I meant no disrespect. I was only trying to clarify the OP's position.

Master, again and still