I appreciate the condolences....

If it isn't that the counterweight hit the bottom of a piston maybe I put a cap on backwards or maybe I put a rod on backwards but the piston was in the hole correctly.

Or maybe the crank grinder messed up one rod journal on the offset grinding.

Hope it not damaged to the point I can't determine the cause.

When it blew and I pulled over and got off the track it was smoking like a freight train so I got out of car pretty fast, still had my helmet and neck brace on. And started to pull out the fire extinguisher. All the smoke was coming out the passenger side exhaust/muffler. It smelt really hot. Luckily there wasn't any fire. I pull the hood up to make sure before we hooked up to pull off the track.

Didn't have any oil on the track or in the diaper so hoping the oil pan is ok

Didn't have any water on the ground and I couldn't see any water in the oil when looking at the dip stick.

I did cut open the filter after starting it up on gas and then switching it over onto alcohol and there wast anything in the filter, well maybe 3 or 4 aluminum shavings from when I was filing in the head for push rod clearance.

I bet the filter will have plenty in it this time.

So the block should be ok, it's survived a dropped valve, broken rod and windowed and now this failure. I'm guessing it will need a sleeve.