Go green, no KB block yet, expect to see it this next week...

On mine the exhaust bolt farthest to the right as you looking at the motor from the side of the car is not blind and is in water so I just put red RTV on those two bolts.

Jim, I would have but they move test-n-tune from Saturday to Friday night because of the rain forecast for Saturday but it never rained... I was up till 3:30am Thursday night and worked all day Friday to try to make it out Friday night but didn't make it because of a small issuer with the tranny. We fired it up about 5:30 got it warmed up and then checked the tranny and it didn't move so we had to drop the pan and hook up something the tranny guy forgot about, luckily he was still there and was able to fix it.

So it was 7:45 when we were finally ready but by the time I would get to the track and be ready to make a pass it would have been 9:15 and the track would have been starting to get cold and I didn't think that was the best condition to make the first pass. So I just started to tie up loose ends and will be ready for nespxt weekend.

When I was mocking it up I noticed the push rod clearance was tight so I did so e grinding on the heads before putting them on but I didn't do enough so I did some additional clearancing on the heads today, hate doing that with them on the motor but I did all I could to get the shavings out. Thie witness marks in the lush rods told me where I needed to do the additional clearancing.

Started it up on gas and then ran it for about 20 minutes, about 5 of those at 200 so the rings should be good and seated. Then we switched it over to alcohol and adjust the carb, etc for another 10 min.

Checked valve lash and tightened the intake and exhaust bolts as it was cooling down. The cold oil pressure at idle was 60 and 40 hot at idle. Climbed up to 80psi we I rev'd it up.

I'm going to cut open the filter tomorrow and it should be ready to go.