Assembly is coming along, just a little slower than I'd like but this isn't the time to take short cuts and get into a rush.

Rotating assembly has been balanced, rods and pistons put together, rings filed (I got in a hurry and broke one..... One set was $30 so I just bought a full set for $102, I think I stretched one or two others so I may replace a few others)

2365 bob weight with eagle h-beam rods
Piston 596
Pins 178
Locks 5
Rings 58
Little end 242
Big end 593
Bearing x 2 48= 96
Oil 4

Degreed the cam in at 104.5. My machinist thinks the cam is to big with my 12.5 compression so we advanced it 4 degrees to increase the cylinder pressure at low RPM and give a little more bottom end.

Gapped the rings .020 top and .025 second to help keep the alcohol from washing the cylinders down.

Main clearance was .0015 to .002 so I got a set of King x bearings to get .003.

Rod clearance is .003 so they are good to go.

Rod side clearance is .032

Pistons are .011 in the hole

Ran out of time to check piston to valve and measure for push rod clearance. So I've only got 2 pistons installed. Hoping we don't have to cut the pistons for valve clearance because I've already put all the rods and pistons together and I'm running out of time. Our first points race is March 22.

Here are a few picture of the rods and pistons and the piston build card. They are diamond part number 52030 but changed to 4.440 bore. (4.25 stroke, 7.100 rod and 1.480 compression height) pins are standard pins, I've always upgraded the pins but when talking to diamond they told for my application the standard would work just fine.

8047560-image.jpg (382 downloads)