Quote:

Quote:

The modern Hemi engine uses a manifold that is a close copy of a shorty header. And it will outflow an old log style manifold by a lot. And every header manufacturer still sells a bunch of headers for them and have proven gains. Any header design that offers a performance increase will help make an engine more efficient, which gives more power AND fuel economy. Maybe adding 10 horsepower on a low performance engine that only puts out 230 horsepower doesn't mean much to some people, but increased efficiency should .
Keith

At what cost though?

$750 for a set of TTI's to add 10 hp seems stupid to me, as an example.

$159 for a set of Summit headers that embody all the worst qualities of a header again seems stupid to me, especially if the gains are minimal.

It's all a balance. If I were to put a 5.7 Hemi in place of the 273 in my Cuda I would bet the improvement, even with manifolds, would be substantially more than putting the best headers ever made on that 273.

If I were to build that 5.7L up to the point of maximum performance then a set of $750 headers makes sense, for an otherwise stock 5.7, no.

Headers add more than 10 HP on most motors, especially old motors. Then there is the beautiful music they produce.