Quote:

they give everybody a cursory checkout before the races some for rules & some for safety equip & yes the winner gets teched more thoroughly. I want to beat em without breaking the rules so I will get the satisfaction of knowing (1)they're cheating(& I am not) & that(2) Mopars are superior & lastly the satisfaction of knowing that I was straight up honest in the whole deal. & that's where it gets tough as there's dozens of areas that you have to decide how far you want to "bend" the rules.

Following the rules - bending the rules - cheating. There are probably extremes on both ends that most would agree with, but not all. And everything else in the middle are different shades of grey. The more simple the rules, the more room for interpertation. FAST rules are very simple, and arguably intended to be subjective. If you choose to read the rules with what you believe to be the intent, verses what the word actually say, the results will be different. Many like this racing due to this very reason, and it part of this kind of racing.

If the original poster wants to seriously compete with the fastest FAST cars using a 4 bbl big block, he has a lot of work to do beyond the carb and heads. The intake is the large disadvantage. It needs to be completely dissected with considerable cutting and welding, and put back together to look stock. Add all of the other tricks, and you'll still be short of the power of a big block six-pack, or just about any BB Chevy at the same level of effort. It'll need to go into a 3000 lbs car and, if it is an A Body, more serious tricks will need to be performed on the driver side exhaust manifold. I would like to see someone tackle this challange, as I cannot afford to do it right.