The idle quality is subjective. VERY subjective (opinion and consensus). IMO, I would totally ignore quench and squish. Because of the increased stroke, you will need to keep the dynamic compression down to 8.2:1. Because dynamic compression is dependant on rod length (which is .006" shrter than stock using 440Source's rod) and intake closing point of the cam, you have to have the cam picked first to maximize your effort. An "off the shelf" cam is not going to be the ticket due to the restrictive intake, samll carb, and mildly restrictive exhaust manifolds. Dwayne Porter and Scott Brown have some experience in fitting good power from stock stuff and sounding good enough to convince the judges. I dont think building any longer stroke than 3.9915 makes sense when stuck using stock casting parts and any type of limit on the budget. But that's just my opinion.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.