Quote:

He is a race trans guy with 40 years experience and does not R&R transmissions, you have to bring them in. The Allison conversion is around $4500 from what I have read and you have to get the right trans as there are many models available. I am on the fence about keeping this truck, I bought it about a year old and really like it, but I am getting pretty tired of the downtime. A buddy has an 06 Duramax 4x4 dually that I just drove 5K miles and he wants to sell it...

Find a new transmission guy... Race car trans are built with light weight parts. not heavy duty truck parts.. Go to your local truck stop and ask around... most of the time they can point you to someone who can do a good job..
Or go to a local tractor pull, when they have the 7000 Street diesel pulling. they can also point you to someone who can build automatic that should take the abuse..

Chebby is bad word... a buddy has one 04 dura 104K he had to sleave a cylinder it is at 165K as of last week shop say it cost more to fix then remand motor.