It is very easy to pull the OD unit, ship it to me and I will build it so it does not fail. Very easy to add clutches and cooling lube to the planataries...

You want no part in a Duramax, we have one (an 06) of those in the shop right now for head gaskets studs and EGR delete, glow plugs and his in injectors are needing replaced and the bill is $6600 and we are the cheapest legit shop in town. This is the second time he has had head gaskets in 150,000 miles. Now we are in there we can see bad pitting in one cylinder and one of the rear head bolts was broke off and is very hard to drill out and the block and heads should be both be resurfaced as he drove it a year before fixing it so now to tear the engine down, sleeve it, mill it, is almost as much as a re-man engine... he is now looking at $12,000 for a reman with head studs, new injectors, EGR, delete, and glow plugs as well as a couple hundred for a couple leaking cooling lines and other odds and ends.

I would take a tranny problem over that any day

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!