It has been a little while since I worked on this 505 motor. Latest update is that I'm pulling the EZ heads off and moving them over to my new 514 motor. I'll be putting the top end off of this motor onto the 505.

So next round of testing will have ported Edelbrock RPM heads, tunnel ram, and hyd roller cam. I'll keep the dry sump setup on there since it is all sorted out and working nicely. I'll have the new setup up and running in a few weeks. Should look wild and I think it will run pretty hard. The power will be down 100 hp or so from the EZ heads but it should be a good street bruiser type of setup.

Basically I decided that I shouldn't keep making 800 hp dyno runs on this stock block bottom end. So I'm moving the EZ heads and Jesel setup over to the 514 motor which is based on a World block. I'll keep the 505 motor around as my standard port head dyno mule. That gives me a std port dyno setup and a max wedge dyno setup. Now I won't have to swap heads back and forth whenever I want to test different intakes and such. The std port head knocks at least 100 hp off and probably more. So this 505 goes back to being a 650 or 680 hp motor which should help the bottom end last a longer time.

5251324-tram.jpg (221 downloads)
Last edited by AndyF; 05/25/09 01:36 PM.