Quote:

my door car driving has been very limited. 30 years ago the challenger i had ran low 11s. about 15 years ago i made a pass in a 10.50s camaro i had done some work on.

about a month ago i made a pass in a friends daytona and went 7.87 @ 173. now if i had made more runs in it maybe i would like it better but at this point having only really raced bikes and dragsters i prefer them over a door car i just feel more comfortable and like the vision.

for all the people that like to hate on dragsters because they have no personality while that may be true to a point you're more likely to find a mopar powered car in the lanes than a mopar powered dragster. heck just running a mopar to begin with makes you an oddball, when i started running a dragster there weren't a lot of them around and certainly none were mopar powered.

i don't race to impress other people or to look good my goal is to win when i stage

having said that pound for pound there is no better machine to do that with. dragsters are lighter, safer, more consistent, easier to work on, probably easier on parts and yes CHEAPER

i'm not bashing on door cars i like them but personally my history has been with dragsters and bikes, actually of any of the machines i've operated i prefer bikes and wish i had never gotten out of them.

to me racing isn't a fashion statement, it's hard to look bad when you're going rounds

I agree that going rounds in important,but Debby said you got to look good doing it.
My pipe rack in in the corner of the shop.We're using it for a cloths rack,it's covered in blankets,fender covers and shop rags.