Quote:

"I cannot visualize on how either intake or exhaust manifolds would interfer with the "linkage"."
Visualize the higher mounting point on the higher intake raising the linkage pivot so that the part of the linkage going to the trans now hits the firewall. That is an example of what indirect interference the intake could cause. That's what happens with some the intake swaps. I hope that makes my answer eaiser for you to understand.

I'm having a hard time seeing the part of the linkage going TO the trans hitting the firewall , it's a linkage ROD that it goes STRAIGHT DOWN ????

What I see is the rod that goes to the CARB not being LONG ENOUGH and the THROTTLE VALVE LINKAGE not operating PROPERLY .

Also stumpy , if you READ the original post the guy says HIGH RISE EXHAUST MANIFOLD , there is NO WAY the TV linage will HIT the EXHAUST manifold unless it's mounted on the outer rail of the VALVE COVER ... The OP is the onethat is confusing the issue along with someone ASSuMEing he meant INTAKE manifold .